The Applecado blog
Ten Years of Applecado: 2014 – Entertainment and Gig Directory (5/10)
Next up in our ‘we’re turning ten soon’ review is 2014 and we’re sharing some of the clever functionality secrets behind the local gig, concert, and event directory Go On Go Out.
Go On Go Out was the brain child of a Hampshire based start-up and the design was carried out by a design agency based in Portsmouth. We were asked to collaborate on the project to build the site and it’s content management system and back-end in PHP for this super event directory.
Go On Go Out offered a wonderful range of local events, you could choose your area and personalise the events you could choose from. The site integrated with Ticketmaster, Facebook and StubHub to allow ticket purchase too.
We add real value to our bespoke development projects by creating sites that make running a business easier – the back-end of this platform was extremely clever and did a lot of the heavy lifting of adding content, we wrote functionality that pulled events in and sorted them into their correct locations and sections. We took all the details on venue, dates, categories, artists and promoters, and ticket options from various APIs and feeds.
The system allowed promoters, artists and venues to create an account and add their own events and profiles as well. Go On Go Out had a team of moderators looking after each of their locations, ensuring that listings were correct and full of all the right details to allow easy booking.
Go On Go Out was an immediate success at launch with local business owners calling it an invaluable resource.
- “Today kicks off #CowesWeek , we at Applecado love the Isle of Wight and our fantastic clients there even more. We ne… https://t.co/6rJzjSb1A7 ”
30th July 2022
- “What a lovely little infographic! https://t.co/UMRycIRvTD ”
14th July 2022
- “We think this recent feedback is just too good to keep to ourselves!
#feedback #testimonial #webdesign … https://t.co/EtIYwZWigg ”
14th July 2022
- At an almost tropical 27 degrees, we think you have to be here to appreciate it fully. Aldermaston in late summer kennet berkshire
- The postwebsitelaunch stroll is a simple treat were hoping to turn into a tradition Take in the beautiful Kennet and Avon near Aldermaston
- SPOTTED Really excited to see a miniathletics coach in the wild last night. Snapped this instead, thought that papping would be a step too far miniathleticssouthampton