The Applecado blog
Ten Years of Applecado: 2012 – Bespoke Recruitment Website Development (3/10)
If you’ve been keeping up with us for the last fortnight, you’ll know Applecado is ten soon – and we’re sharing a project from every year until our big birthday.
This week we’re up to 2012, the UK was busy preparing for the summer Olympics and Applecado was a couple of years old with over 40 projects in the portfolio already.
Amongst other things, 2012 saw the rise of the brilliant and popular Nerdy Day Trips, brainchild of Dr Ben Goldacre. We developed the fun crowd-sourced information site; we still have a soft spot for that one and learnt a lot about our own local (nerdy) landmarks.
We were also very pleased to develop a new website for recruitment superstars People Source. It was clear immediately that People Source were ambitious and had some really nice ideas for their new website. We worked with the design team to give them a bespoke recruitment website with a great content management system that would allow them to control all of their copy, imagery and SEO data. They were able to add new team members as well, linking each consultant up with their specialist sector, and a helpful list of the roles they are recruiting for which encouraged a more personal experience and culpability between the company, consultant and candidates.
People Source’s website integrated with various third party APIs including Broadbean. Applications could be made for the various jobs from the website or via LinkedIn data.
The recruitment website pulled news from and pushed to Facebook, it also had extra value in it’s CV builder, candidate information portal, and a client area with a tool to help clients create job specifications.
Eight years on, the site is still going strong! We have supported and evolved it with even more functionality, which we think shows exactly why bespoke web development provides the long term flexibility and allows a website to grow with the business.
- “We’ve just added Looking After to our portfolio: https://t.co/LHVSFzKB5y
Read about this online shop aiming to help… https://t.co/grqIqciqEy ”
1st July 2020
- “This is what we need at the moment! :) https://t.co/iQ1rlC1tXj ”
25th June 2020
- ““...researchers said their software" can predict if someone is a criminal, based solely on a picture of their face"… https://t.co/tCRFV6v3m8 ”
25th June 2020
- Took a quick break along the Kennet at lunchtime today, have never seen a boat like this on there before. kennet canal aldermaston boatlife reading
- Aaaamazing bit of feedback last week, had to share webdevelopment webdeveloper webagency bespokedevelopment happyclients
- Hey online shop owners, weve written a new blog about eCommerce platforms and marketplaces, and how a bespoke eCommerce build can help your business. Check the link in our bio for more information, let us know if we can help you or even if you just have