The Applecado blog
Ten Years of Applecado: 2012 – Bespoke Recruitment Website Development (3/10)
If you’ve been keeping up with us for the last fortnight, you’ll know Applecado is ten soon – and we’re sharing a project from every year until our big birthday.
This week we’re up to 2012, the UK was busy preparing for the summer Olympics and Applecado was a couple of years old with over 40 projects in the portfolio already.
Amongst other things, 2012 saw the rise of the brilliant and popular Nerdy Day Trips, brainchild of Dr Ben Goldacre. We developed the fun crowd-sourced information site; we still have a soft spot for that one and learnt a lot about our own local (nerdy) landmarks.
We were also very pleased to develop a new website for recruitment superstars People Source. It was clear immediately that People Source were ambitious and had some really nice ideas for their new website. We worked with the design team to give them a bespoke recruitment website with a great content management system that would allow them to control all of their copy, imagery and SEO data. They were able to add new team members as well, linking each consultant up with their specialist sector, and a helpful list of the roles they are recruiting for which encouraged a more personal experience and culpability between the company, consultant and candidates.
People Source’s website integrated with various third party APIs including Broadbean. Applications could be made for the various jobs from the website or via LinkedIn data.
The recruitment website pulled news from and pushed to Facebook, it also had extra value in it’s CV builder, candidate information portal, and a client area with a tool to help clients create job specifications.
Eight years on, the site is still going strong! We have supported and evolved it with even more functionality, which we think shows exactly why bespoke web development provides the long term flexibility and allows a website to grow with the business.
- “If you use #chat on your #website , this article has some genuinely helpful guidelines that should make your custome… https://t.co/h8dioXrhdF ”
7th June 2021
- “Not Now, Never...
A good point made in this article, the choice should always be with the… https://t.co/KRlRzCY0VM ”
3rd June 2021
- “Why gender stereotypes in typefaces can stifle creativity - https://t.co/lP3mdEDCOm.
#type #typography #design ”
1st June 2021
- Ah, this is why you have an office in the countryside. This was just before a quick downpour, got back to work just in time
- Busting Myths about Bespoke Websites Ohhhh the shame, its been too long since we last blogged Do us a favour and go check out the blog on our site, let us know what you think to our newest item.
- Tomorrow is loveyourpetsday apparently. Nicky had this guy zoombomb (is that a word now) a meeting this week and then collapse here, he must think hes helping officecat zoom