The Applecado blog
Ten Years of Applecado: 2012 – Bespoke Recruitment Website Development (3/10)
If you’ve been keeping up with us for the last fortnight, you’ll know Applecado is ten soon – and we’re sharing a project from every year until our big birthday.
This week we’re up to 2012, the UK was busy preparing for the summer Olympics and Applecado was a couple of years old with over 40 projects in the portfolio already.
Amongst other things, 2012 saw the rise of the brilliant and popular Nerdy Day Trips, brainchild of Dr Ben Goldacre. We developed the fun crowd-sourced information site; we still have a soft spot for that one and learnt a lot about our own local (nerdy) landmarks.
We were also very pleased to develop a new website for recruitment superstars People Source. It was clear immediately that People Source were ambitious and had some really nice ideas for their new website. We worked with the design team to give them a bespoke recruitment website with a great content management system that would allow them to control all of their copy, imagery and SEO data. They were able to add new team members as well, linking each consultant up with their specialist sector, and a helpful list of the roles they are recruiting for which encouraged a more personal experience and culpability between the company, consultant and candidates.
People Source’s website integrated with various third party APIs including Broadbean. Applications could be made for the various jobs from the website or via LinkedIn data.
The recruitment website pulled news from and pushed to Facebook, it also had extra value in it’s CV builder, candidate information portal, and a client area with a tool to help clients create job specifications.
Eight years on, the site is still going strong! We have supported and evolved it with even more functionality, which we think shows exactly why bespoke web development provides the long term flexibility and allows a website to grow with the business.
- “Today kicks off #CowesWeek , we at Applecado love the Isle of Wight and our fantastic clients there even more. We ne… https://t.co/6rJzjSb1A7 ”
30th July 2022
- “What a lovely little infographic! https://t.co/UMRycIRvTD ”
14th July 2022
- “We think this recent feedback is just too good to keep to ourselves!
#feedback #testimonial #webdesign … https://t.co/EtIYwZWigg ”
14th July 2022
- At an almost tropical 27 degrees, we think you have to be here to appreciate it fully. Aldermaston in late summer kennet berkshire
- The postwebsitelaunch stroll is a simple treat were hoping to turn into a tradition Take in the beautiful Kennet and Avon near Aldermaston
- SPOTTED Really excited to see a miniathletics coach in the wild last night. Snapped this instead, thought that papping would be a step too far miniathleticssouthampton