The Applecado blog
Ten Years of Applecado: 2010 - Bespoke Web Development for Virgin (1/10)
Applecado is ten years old in exactly ten weeks time, so for the next ten weeks we have decided to shine the spotlight on one of our fantastic projects for each of those years.
First up, we’re jumping back a decade to 2010. Things were a bit different back then, for a start the iPhone had barely been released and while mobile browsing was a thing, it really wasn’t a BIG thing.
We were very fortunate to win this particular project in 2010, and so we can’t look at 2010 without going back over the work we did for Virgin Unite.
Virgin came to us with a project that had been started, but had been let down with the development portion. They had a short timescale and needed someone who could step in and deliver a working, bug-free, and robust website and back end.
The idea behind Virgin Unite’s charity platform, Virgin Mobile FREE IP, was to reward people for volunteering. Our system allowed some fantastic people to register, and pledge hours they would give up to volunteer on community challenges or projects. Virgin’s charity team could log in to view expected attendees, before confirming their participation and rewarding their hours with things like concert tickets and experiences.
The website we built for Virgin Unite was extremely successful in the USA, for a number of years. Thousands of hours were volunteered, and we’re really proud to have played a crucial part in that achievement.
- “Found this article this week: 17 Examples of Killer Copywriting - there are some superb examples of #copy and… https://t.co/qgt1DclM6S ”
21st October 2021
- “Pens for Kids UK has sent over a MILLION pens+pencils to children across the world so they can continue with their… https://t.co/QqqxWZkfoS ”
12th October 2021
- “RT @WestBerkshire : This Christmas, we’re encouraging residents to shop local and green. 💚
If you’re a local businesses with environmental…”
12th October 2021
- At an almost tropical 27 degrees, we think you have to be here to appreciate it fully. Aldermaston in late summer kennet berkshire
- The postwebsitelaunch stroll is a simple treat were hoping to turn into a tradition Take in the beautiful Kennet and Avon near Aldermaston
- SPOTTED Really excited to see a miniathletics coach in the wild last night. Snapped this instead, thought that papping would be a step too far miniathleticssouthampton