The Applecado blog
Ten Years of Applecado: 2016 – Villa Rental Booking System (7/10)
This week we’re sharing a project from 2016 – an inventive site that helps Premium Island Vacations clients with booking their dream holiday, and helps the team manage villas, availability and even concierge services on St Barts.
We were delighted to work with the Premium Island Vacations team on their first site in 2011, and so we were even more delighted when they wanted us to create a new version to refresh their design and re-develop a new administration system with even more tools for the team to use.
Everything was re-visited for the new websites, from a little logo refresh, web design overhaul, new UI (user interface), improved search functionality, and a brand new CMS that allowed staff to manage two sites from one CMS (yep!). The CMS controls all pages, content and images on Premium Island Vacations and PremiumIV Concierge.
The villa availability, rates, photography and facilities are supplied to the site from several data feeds, and equally helpful feeds are created and sent out to automatically update listings on other third party booking sites as well.
The team are able to run detailed and granular searches from the back-end as well, and send it out in a beautifully and helpfully displayed email to clients, as PIV customers really appreciate the personal insight and advice from Premium Island Vacations.
With this redevelopment, we knew that some of the Premium IV concierge customers looked forward to being able to book certain services online, so it was fantastic to be able to allow online booking and payment for various services such as charter flights or airport assistance.
- “What’s in a [business] name? https://t.co/XBDFQZ86Fb
Surprised to learn nearly 850k UK co's were started in the yea… https://t.co/0mRSTkJKlD ”
6th September 2021
- “Brilliant, no-one involved tried using this UI afterwards then... https://t.co/ebj8j2ampQ ”
24th August 2021
- “Mild-panic inducing maybe, not sure 'garbage' is the right word. However, nice solutions from contributors in this… https://t.co/cv9wVT6Dta ”
13th August 2021
- At an almost tropical 27 degrees, we think you have to be here to appreciate it fully. Aldermaston in late summer kennet berkshire
- The postwebsitelaunch stroll is a simple treat were hoping to turn into a tradition Take in the beautiful Kennet and Avon near Aldermaston
- SPOTTED Really excited to see a miniathletics coach in the wild last night. Snapped this instead, thought that papping would be a step too far miniathleticssouthampton