The Applecado blog
Search engine optimisation (SEO) can often seem like a dark art, and with hundreds of companies offering their services to get you to the first page on Google, it can be an overwhelming journey!
While we don’t profess to be SEO experts, we know a thing or two about websites so thought we’d put together some simple tips that you can check and implement on your own site today.
With the GDPR deadline now less than six months away, we all want to make sure our businesses are ready for any adjustments we'll have to make. The fines are intimidatingly large, and any changes could take time to implement so it's worth ensuring you're ready sooner rather than later and avoiding any nasty surprises.
There has been a lot of discussion in the last few years about the shift from traditional marketing to content marketing, but do you know what it is and why it is a valuable marketing tool for your business? We’re going to take you through a few points about what content marketing is, why it needs to be part of your marketing strategy and how a good content management system (CMS) can make all the difference.
We know recruitment websites and we know that your website needs to be a powerful recruitment tool that will give you the advantage to get top candidates matched to the right vacancies. But what do you need to consider when building and designing your new recruitment website?
Hopefully you have Google Analytics set up on your website to track and analyse the traffic flowing to and from your site (if not – TOP TIP – do this now!). When browsing your Google Analytics account you will have seen your ‘bounce rate’, but what does it mean, what is good or bad, why might it be higher on some pages and not others? Below we take you through some of the key things you need to know about bounce rates, what affects them and how you can improve them.
Working with an agency can be a daunting task if you haven’t before, so we’ve put together some top tips to make sure you get the best from your chosen agency (and obviously we hope that would be us!). By working with an agency you’re able to get the expertise you need, have a new perspective on a project or get help solving a complicated problem, so take the tips below and dive in!
You know by now that 'Content is King', but is your content's credibility being affected by grammatical and spelling mistakes? We’ll discuss whether typos have an associated business cost, and share four simple things you can do to make sure you’re publishing the best content possible.
- “Happy Monday! We are in full-on testing mode this week and preparing to get another great web based system ready fo… https://t.co/yBdLdqFup7 ”
18th June 2018
- “This is a really great article on logo design trends - https://t.co/1KasTNwMwX #logodesign #design ”
15th June 2018
- “The #worldcup2018 kicks off today, if you’re not already in the mood take a look at these great posters inspired by… https://t.co/c5fF72DbaT ”
14th June 2018
- Snack time just had to share these colours britishtomatoes would approve.
- Bit grotty and cloudy but still a nice view of reading town centre, taken from a meeting room we were in earlier. readingcity
- Were melting At least we can pretend to be cool with these cupcakes in the office today officecake humpday hot