The Applecado blog
COVID-19 has turned the world upside down in a very short time. Lockdowns were enforced virtually everywhere, and while online sales were already dominating retail this is going to cause a real shift in shoppers’ behaviours.
Whether you are a producer or manufacturer, or a retailer, we’re going to run through a few options for selling online.
By now, you probably know that we’re celebrating our tenth birthday soon, and before we get there we’re sharing one project from our portfolio every week for each year we’ve been writing great sites, solutions and systems.
This week’s review will share a little more about Mini Athletics, a super company with a franchise model. Our solution has more than a handful of clever tricks up it’s sleeve, read on to find out more.
We are nearly at the end of our ten year review, this week we’re looking back at a data analysis and collaboration tool we produced for the Education Development Trust.
We have designed and built a variety of sites and solutions in the recruitment industry, from recruitment agency sites integrating with Broadbean, Bullhorn and others, job boards, and candidate CRMs. This week, our ten year review takes us to Bluetown Online’s recruitment portal – the ultimate in client self-service but with the support and expertise of Bluetown’s super team.
This week we’re sharing a project from 2016 – an inventive site that helps Premium Island Vacations clients with booking their dream holiday, and helps the team manage villas, availability and even concierge services on St Barts.
Next up in our ten year review is 2015, over that year we continued a huge variety of bespoke development projects from eCommerce platforms, to a patient referral system and even an app for Vodafone. Here, I get to share one of my favourites from our archives…
Next up in our ‘we’re turning ten soon’ review is 2014 and we’re sharing some of the clever functionality secrets behind the local gig, concert, and event directory Go On Go Out.
To celebrate turning ten, we are skipping through our portfolio and bringing you a selection of the development projects we are proud to have worked on. This is our fourth week in the series, we’re up to 2013 and looking back at a website that encouraged local communities to participate in sports, exercise and recreation they could find around them.
If you’ve been keeping up with us for the last fortnight, you’ll know Applecado is ten soon – and we’re sharing a project from every year until our big birthday.
- “We’ve just added Looking After to our portfolio: https://t.co/LHVSFzKB5y
Read about this online shop aiming to help… https://t.co/grqIqciqEy ”
1st July 2020
- “This is what we need at the moment! :) https://t.co/iQ1rlC1tXj ”
25th June 2020
- ““...researchers said their software" can predict if someone is a criminal, based solely on a picture of their face"… https://t.co/tCRFV6v3m8 ”
25th June 2020
- Took a quick break along the Kennet at lunchtime today, have never seen a boat like this on there before. kennet canal aldermaston boatlife reading
- Aaaamazing bit of feedback last week, had to share webdevelopment webdeveloper webagency bespokedevelopment happyclients
- Hey online shop owners, weve written a new blog about eCommerce platforms and marketplaces, and how a bespoke eCommerce build can help your business. Check the link in our bio for more information, let us know if we can help you or even if you just have