The Applecado blog
Website accessibility is essential to make sure that your customers and website visitors are able to view and use your website. Below are some pointers for making sure your site is accessible to all, be it those with disabilities, injuries, poor eyesight or unsupported web browsers.
Don't forget that accessibility is not just ensuring a compliant site for disabled readers, but accessibility is about designing for everyone.
You have the website traffic and visitors are finding their way to your site, but they aren’t converting into customers. Sound familiar? While your products might be spot on and your marketing is hitting the right notes, there are a number of reasons why your visitors aren’t converting into customers.
Search engine optimisation (SEO) can often seem like a dark art, and with hundreds of companies offering their services to get you to the first page on Google, it can be an overwhelming journey!
While we don’t profess to be SEO experts, we know a thing or two about websites so thought we’d put together some simple tips that you can check and implement on your own site today.
With the GDPR deadline now less than six months away, we all want to make sure our businesses are ready for any adjustments we'll have to make. The fines are intimidatingly large, and any changes could take time to implement so it's worth ensuring you're ready sooner rather than later and avoiding any nasty surprises.
There has been a lot of discussion in the last few years about the shift from traditional marketing to content marketing, but do you know what it is and why it is a valuable marketing tool for your business? We’re going to take you through a few points about what content marketing is, why it needs to be part of your marketing strategy and how a good content management system (CMS) can make all the difference.
We know recruitment websites and we know that your website needs to be a powerful recruitment tool that will give you the advantage to get top candidates matched to the right vacancies. But what do you need to consider when building and designing your new recruitment website?
Hopefully you have Google Analytics set up on your website to track and analyse the traffic flowing to and from your site (if not – TOP TIP – do this now!). When browsing your Google Analytics account you will have seen your ‘bounce rate’, but what does it mean, what is good or bad, why might it be higher on some pages and not others? Below we take you through some of the key things you need to know about bounce rates, what affects them and how you can improve them.
Working with an agency can be a daunting task if you haven’t before, so we’ve put together some top tips to make sure you get the best from your chosen agency (and obviously we hope that would be us!). By working with an agency you’re able to get the expertise you need, have a new perspective on a project or get help solving a complicated problem, so take the tips below and dive in!
- “Save the planet, save your work, and save your website! It's #WorldBackupDay . https://t.co/mfE2q7BJxG ”
31st March 2021
- “Hello #HampshireHour , I’m Nicky from Applecado - bespoke web development agency. I’m multitasking tonight, keeping… https://t.co/WTk8Bgycdh ”
9th March 2021
- “Wow, this 17 year old is going places, what an amazing idea.
8th March 2021
- Busting Myths about Bespoke Websites Ohhhh the shame, its been too long since we last blogged Do us a favour and go check out the blog on our site, let us know what you think to our newest item.
- Tomorrow is loveyourpetsday apparently. Nicky had this guy zoombomb (is that a word now) a meeting this week and then collapse here, he must think hes helping officecat zoom
- When the homeschooling topic was colour wheels and youre swimming in leftover chocolates